The industry’s first face-to-face event – a complete success!
For many participants it was the first face-to-face event of the year – filled with exciting lectures and top-class politicians as well as a concluding sailing tour on the Warnow within the framework of the 30th Hanse Sail.
In compliance with all safety regulations and divided into two locations, the event provided a breath of fresh air and gave the guests a positive outlook for the future with regard to presence events.
The recently published, alarmingly low expansion figures also prompted warning words from BWE President Hermann Albers in the direction of the federal states.
He said that the acceptance and promotion of wind energy must become even greater, independent of parties and interests, if one wants the energy turnaround to combat climate change. We are also looking forward to the exciting and important exchange in the coming year and hereby cordially invite you to the 11th Rostock Wind on 12.08.2022.
In addition to the packed framework plan, there was also an intensive exchange between the guests and politicians, during which the following points stood out in particular:
- In view of climate change and the increasing number of natural disasters with immense damage, the expansion of onshore wind energy plants must be promoted more intensively politically across parties and countries than ever before.
- The approval backlog must be urgently cleared and further delays avoided.
- The official approval process must be simplified and, above all, accelerated if the energy transition is to be taken seriously.
- The assessment criteria and requirements should be revised in view of the new technical possibilities and in consideration of the necessity.
- More land must be made available more quickly in order to achieve the expansion targets and slow down climate change.
- Energy policy is crucial for prosperity and security in Germany and Europe, indeed worldwide.
- With the reduction of fossil fuels and the simultaneous rapid growth of electromobility, the demand for green electricity is also increasing. The economy and German companies are ready.